Skincare on a Budget
You do not need to break the bank in order to keep your skin healthy and looking its best. Here are 5 practical tips to maintaining healthy skin while on a budget:
1. Keep clean and hydrated. Don’t let a 12-hour period go by without washing your skin with a cleanser and applying a moisturizer. Drink plenty of water during this time as well to keep your skin moisturized from the inside, out.
2. Use sunscreen year-round. Sunscreen helps prevent sun damage that could lead to wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer. It may cost money up front, but in the long run skipping the sunscreen could lead to more money spent treating the effects of sun damage.
3. Get the most from your body moisturizer. In the winter, apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in the moisture, eliminating the possibility of needing to reapply later in the day.
4. Consider using petroleum jelly. This common, inexpensive product has several uses for skin care including:
- moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands
- preventing chafing during exercise;
- protecting skin injuries including bumps and scrapes
5. Use 2-in-1 Products. Limiting product lines saves money and storage space. Look for products that serve multiple purposes. Examples include a moisturizing sunscreen; SPF lip balm and moisturizing body wash.
If you are struggling skin issues and don’t know where to turn, the skin health experts at Forefront Dermatology are ready to help. To find the Forefront dermatologist nearest you, visit the locations page today.